Park Rules and Regulations
In order to protect the parks and ensure visitor safety, the Board of Park Commissioners has adopted rules and regulations. All State of Ohio criminal and traffic laws are also enforced within the parks, and carry full penalty under Ohio Law.
We hope you will take a few minutes to familiarize yourselves with these rules and regulations, so you can share the information with others. Together, we can make the parks the best they can be.
- Parks are open daylight hours
- Dogs must remain on a leash (other than inside the Dog Park at Oak Grove Park)
- Clean up after your pet
- Alcohol is prohibited
View complete Rules and Regulations (PDF) > (includes park rules regarding drone use, removal of natural resources, signage, commercial activity, fireworks and more)
View facility-specific rules:
- Archery Range at Oak Grove Park
- Dog Park at Oak Grove Park
- Skatepark at Oak Creek South Park
- Sprayground at Activity Center Park
Please follow Leave No Trace principles during your park visits.
- Plan ahead and prepare. Plan your park activities to match your goals, skills and abilities. Choose clothing appropriate for the weather and your activity. Bring a map for nature parks, or pull the map up on your smartphone.
- Travel on durable surfaces. Remain on the trails as much as possible.
- Dispose of waste properly. Most CWPD parks have trash cans. If the trash is full, please take your trash with you when you leave the park. Dispose of food waste at home to keep from attracting wildlife to the trash cans.
- Leave what you find. Take a photo of the natural objects you find. Please don’t pick wildflowers or remove other natural objects from the parks.
- Minimize campfire impacts. You must have a permit from CWPD to have a fire in the park.
- Respect wildlife. Observe wildlife quietly and from a distance. Do not leave food for the wildlife.
- Be considerate of other park visitors. Excessive noise, uncontrolled pets and damaged or littered surroundings take away from the natural appeal of the parks.