Review the latest issue of News & Events or the online events calendar to find programs that are being offered in the current season. The following is a sampling of the adult programs regularly offered.
- A Walk in the Park – Get outdoors, enjoy sunshine and fresh air while meeting other walking enthusiasts. These are self-guided walks around your community parks!
- Birding Workshop – Learn the basics of birds and identification through our indoor session and try your skills on a brief hike.
- Butterfly Surveys – Monitor the health of butterfly populations in Grant Park.
- Chat with a Naturalist – Nature talks at the Rec West Enrichment Center.
- Hike for Your Health – Adults can enjoy a brisk morning hike Wednesday mornings. Programs last about an hour and are held on natural trails at various parks throughout the district.
- Hike with a Naturalist – A monthly stroll to discuss seasonal changes. Hikes are on natural trails.
- Pickleball Leagues – Held spring and summer in various parks throughout the community.
- Strollers in Motion – An hour-long cardiovascular workout with your child in a stroller. Each session will end with upper and lower body resistance training and a cool-down stretch. This program is held in the spring, summer and fall.
- Tai Chi – Slow meditative movements, deep breathing and relaxation.
- Tennis Leagues – Held spring and summer in various parks throughout the community.
- Trail Trekking – Trekking with Nordic poles increases endurance, works the entire body and revs up the metabolism.
- Up and Running Trail Group – Follow your trail leader and you run the natural trails of Grant and Bill Yeck Parks. Runs include meadows, trails and hills.
- Yoga in the Park – This yoga class is for all levels and includes warm-up, breath work, standing poses, flowing poses and relaxation. The class meets outside, weather permitting.
If you’ve recently participated in a Centerville-Washington Park District program, we want to hear your thoughts! Complete an evaluation >