Review the latest issue of News & Events or the online events calendar to find programs that are being offered in the current season. The following is a sampling of the adult programs regularly offered.
- Adult Crafting Club – This group is all about creating something fun and unique for your home, office or as a gift for someone special.
- Archery League – A summer league at the Oak Grove Park archery range. View league rules (PDF) >
- Birding Workshop – Learn the basics of birds and identification through our indoor session and try your skills on a brief hike.
- Booked for Lunch – A monthly lunchtime book club discussing historical fiction or non-fiction works.
- Butterfly Monitoring – A citizen scientist project monitoring the health of butterfly populations in Grant Park.
- Chat with a Naturalist – Nature talks at the Rec West Enrichment Center.
- Getting Out and Enjoying Nature (GOEN) – Tours of local nature spots with the Park District and the Washington Township Recreation Center.
- Hike for Your Health – Adults can enjoy a brisk morning hike led by Park District staff on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Programs last about an hour and are held at various parks throughout the district.
- Strollers in Motion – An hour-long cardiovascular workout with your child in a stroller. Each session will end with upper and lower body resistance training and a cool-down stretch. This program is held in the spring, summer and fall.
- Tai Chi – Slow meditative movements, deep breathing and relaxation.
- Tennis Leagues – Held spring and summer in various parks throughout the community.
- Trail Trekking: Nordic Pole Workout – Trekking with Nordic poles increases endurance, works the entire body and revs up the metabolism.
- Up and Running Trail Group – Follow your trail leader and you run the natural trails of Grant and Bill Yeck Parks. Runs include meadows, trails and hills.
- Yoga in the Park – This yoga class is for all levels and includes warm-up, breath work, standing poses, flowing poses and relaxation. The class meets outside, weather permitting.
If you’ve recently participated in a Centerville-Washington Park District program, we want to hear your thoughts! Complete an evaluation >