Archery Range at Oak Grove Park
1790 E. Social Row Rd.
View park location on map >
About the Range
The archery range is located in an active community park in a remote wooded location. There is a parking lot close by and an accessible paved path leading to the range. Signs alerting the public of the active archery range are posted at the edges of the wooded area. There are 4 lanes at 10, 20, 30 and 40 yards and an elevated tree stand lane.
This archery range is made possible by Ohio Sportsmen and Sportswomen and a cooperative partnership with these agencies:
- US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Wildlife Restoration
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources
- Ohio Division of Wildlife
The Park District received a grant to build additional shooting lanes at the park. The lanes will be at varying distances with new hanging bag targets. The grant provided funds for more seating areas and equipment storage. Permanent quivers and bow racks have been installed at each lane.
Range Rules and Regulations
- The archery range is unsupervised. Use of this facility is strictly at your own risk. (ORC 2744) The Centerville-Washington Park District does not assume any responsibility for loss or injuries. Direct, visual supervision by an adult 21 years of age or older is required for everyone under 18 years of age.
- Open ½ hour before sunrise until ½ hour after sunset.
- Maximum of three archers per lane.
- Call ”CEASE FIRE” and display red flag before retrieving arrows.
- Call ”ALL CLEAR” and conceal red flag before resuming to shoot.
- Only bow, crossbow, paper or fabric targets are permitted.
- Keep arrow pointed down range – sky drawing is prohibited.
- Cross lane shooting is prohibited.
- Broadhead and razor tipped arrows are prohibited.
- Remove targets and dispose of properly when finished.
- Pets are not allowed.
Report violations to the Park District at (937) 433-5155. In case of emergency dial 911.