Parks remain open for your visits. We understand that a walk in the park, spending time in natural surroundings may help lessen the stress that many of us are experiencing. Please plan to follow all social distancing guidelines and be prepared to leave the park and try again another day if it becomes crowded.
Following guidelines and restrictions set by our State and Federal leaders, the Centerville-Washington Park District is working to limit the spread of COVID-19. The Park District mission includes the mandate to provide “…healthy park experiences that connect the community to the outdoors.”
To that end, we are enacting the following steps:
- As of March 23, all playgrounds (traditional and natural), outdoor fitness equipment at Oak Grove Park and the skatepark at Oak Creek South Park are closed.
- As of March 27, basketball courts, tennis courts, pickleball courts and the sand volleyball court are closed.
- Park restrooms were closed in December for the winter months. They will remain closed until further notice. All portable restrooms are now closed as well. Plan accordingly!
- The Dog Park at Oak Grove Park has been closed since March 13 due to saturated turf conditions. However, with the Federal government advising against groups of 10 or more and the shelter in place issued by Gov. DeWine, the dog park will remain closed regardless of weather conditions.
- Soccer, baseball and lacrosse fields are closed because of wet conditions. Check the website for conditions daily. Organized use of the sports fields is prohibited until the cancellation of all programs and activities is lifted, currently set for Friday, May 1.
- As of March 14, all programs, reservations and gatherings were canceled through April 6. That date has now been extended until Friday, May 1.
- The Park District office is closed. However, the administrative staff is working remotely. If there is an emergency in a park, call 9-1-1. For park information, please visit cwpd.org, or you may leave a voice mail by calling 937-433-5155 and follow the prompt to leave a message. Messages will be checked throughout the day. You may also contact us via email at email@example.com.
- A skeleton maintenance staff will be on duty to ensure that the parks are clean and safe for you, but please help us keep your parks clean!
If State or Federal guidelines change in regards to parks and park amenities, the Park District will amend guidelines accordingly.
We know that some of these restrictions are inconvenient. We appreciate your cooperation and compliance in this fight to limit the spread of this contagion.