2230 E. Centerville Station Rd.
View Smith House location on a map>
In 1992, the Park District began conversations with Victor and Mary Jane Smith about preserving their historic 1800s home and farm as an addition to Bill Yeck Park. The Centerville-Washington Park District aquired the 37-acre historic Smith farm in 2009.
The house was built in 1815 and was originally home to the William Reeder family. Abner Stevens purchased the house and land at auction in 1951. Five years later it was purchased by John Weller. The Wellers continued to own the property into the 1930s. In the late 1950s, Victor and Mary Jane Smith purchased the property and built additions on both the east and west sides of the original structure.
The Smith House at Bill Yeck Park is currently used for indoor Park District nature and recreation programs.