Review the latest issue of News & Events or the online events calendar to find programs that are being offered in the current season. The following is a sampling of the adult programs regularly offered.
- Archery League – A summer league at the Oak Grove Park archery range. View league rules (PDF) >
- Barter Bazaar: Crafting Supplies – Trade your surplus crafting supplies with others in community.
- Birding Workshop – Learn the basics of birds and identification through our indoor session and try your skills on a brief hike.
- Booked for Lunch – A monthly lunchtime book club discussing historical fiction or non-fiction works.
- Butterfly Monitoring – A citizen scientist project monitoring the health of butterfly populations in Grant Park.
- Chat with a Naturalist – Nature talks at the Rec West Enrichment Center.
- Fit Mixx – One morning each week adults participate in cardiovascular and strength training exercises at Schoolhouse Park. Offered in the spring, summer and fall.
- Glass Etching – Repurpose glass bottles or jars into lights, oil pourers, soap dispensers and more.
- Hike for Your Health – Adults can enjoy a brisk morning hike led by Park District staff on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Programs last about an hour and are held at various parks throughout the district.
- Hunter Education Home Study Course – All ages study a range of topics from conservation, safety and ethics to the proper handling of shotguns, handguns and bow-hunting gear.
- Stroller Strength – An hour long cardiovascular walk with your child in a stroller. Each session will end with upper and lower body resistance training and a cool-down stretch. This program is held in the spring, summer and fall.
- Tennis Instruction – Spring and summer sessions, beginner to advanced levels. Instructors from KTC Quail Tennis Club.
- Tennis Leagues – Held spring and summer in various parks throughout the community.
- Trail Trekking: Nordic Pole Workout – Trekking with Nordic poles increases endurance, works the entire body and revs up the metabolism.
- Up and Running Trail Group – Follow your trail leader and you run the natural trails of Grant and Bill Yeck Parks. Runs include meadows, trails and hills.
- Yoga in the Park – This yoga class is for all levels and includes warm-up, breath work, standing poses, flowing poses and relaxation. The class meets outside, weather permitting.
If you’ve recently participated in a Centerville-Washington Park District program, we want to hear your thoughts! Complete an evaluation >