We’re glad you’re interested in joining the Centerville-Washington Park District team!
Choose from the following methods to apply for a position with the Park District:
- Print the blank application, complete it with pen or typewriter, and mail it to the Park District. You will need the free Adobe Reader to view and print the document.
- If you have Adobe Reader Version 11 or higher, you may fill out the fields directly on the form. Please save the PDF to your computer before completing it, fill in the fields and then save it again, otherwise, the form will be blank when you send it to us. You may email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit Park District Headquarters to pick up an application.
There are no full-time positions available at this time.
Part-time, year-round employment:
The Centerville-Washington Park District is seeking an enthusiastic individual comfortable working closely with the public. The Administration Coordinator provides excellent customer service while assisting the community with program registrations, shelter reservations and general inquiries. The Administration Coordinator also provides administrative assistance to the Park District staff. All members of the Park District team participate in many functions of a small agency, from community engagement to strategic planning to marketing and more.
- Provide administrative assistance for administration, program, and operations departments.
- Assist in management of registration and reservation software administration.
- Perform general office duties including answering telephone calls and assisting customers.
- Assist with program registration, park facility reservations, and public inquiries.
- Extensive computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Office – Microsoft Office skills testing may be required. Experience with Adobe Creative Suites is desired, but not required.
- Office management experience with the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Demonstrated public relations skills.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- High school diploma minimum, an undergraduate degree in a related field preferred.
Background screenings required:
Motor vehicle, drug, criminal background, and physical
$15.86 per hour for 20 hours per week
Please submit the following:
Resume with cover letter and at least three references
Email to: Dawn Osif at email@example.com -or-
Mail to: Administration Coordinator, Centerville-Washington Park District, 221 N. Main St., Centerville, OH 45459
Submission deadline: Monday, March 13, 2017, 4:30 p.m.
Park Operations Technician I & II (March – November)
Duties include mowing, trimming, painting, and general field and trail maintenance. Approximately 32-40 hours per week. Schedule includes occasional weekends, evenings and holidays. Pay range I or II is determined by prior experience and education. Must be 18 or older.
$9.25-$16.75 per hour
Program Coordinator (Hidden Meadows Day Camp and Summer Recreation Program) (late May – August)
Duties include training and supervising staff, coordinating special events, maintaining program records and supplies, delivering supplies to program sites and public relations. Proven experience with children’s programs, supervisory skills, excellent organization and communication skills, as well as a valid driver’s license required. Includes evening, weekend and holiday work. Must be 18 or older and have reliable transportation.
$10.25-$12.25 per hour
Hidden Meadows Day Camp Counselor (late May – August or Saturdays in February)
Work with children ages 3 – 12 at a nature-oriented day camp. Proven experience with children’s programs and an interest in the natural environment required. Must have reliable transportation.
$9.25-$11.25 per hour Counselors (ages 18+)
$8.50-$9.15 per hour Assistant Counselors (ages 16 & 17)
Summer Recreation Program Leader (late May – August)
Work with children ages 3 – 11 in the outdoor recreation program. Proven experience with children’s programs and willingness to work with all ages at family and teen programming. Must have reliable transportation.
$9.25-$11.25 per hour Leaders (ages 18+)
$8.50-$9.15 per hour Assistant Leaders (ages 16 & 17)
Summer Naturalist (late May – August)
Work with children in summer nature programs, training counselors in outdoor education concepts, and develop and lead programs for various ages. Previous nature programming experience and exceptional skills in organization and communication required. Current enrollment in natural resource or related program preferred. Must be 18 or older and have reliable transportation.
$9.75-$10.75 per hour
Recreation Assistant (late May – August)
Assist with program registration, park facility reservations and public inquiries via phone or walk-in at Park Headquarters. Provide administrative assistance for Hidden Meadows Day Camp by obtaining all required paperwork and preparation of class lists and sign-in sheets. Excellent organization and communication skills required. Must have reliable transportation.
$9.25-$11.25 per hour