We’re glad you’re interested in joining the Centerville-Washington Park District team!
Choose from the following methods to apply for a position with the Park District:
- Print the blank application, complete it with pen or typewriter, and mail it to the Park District. You will need the free Adobe Reader to view and print the document.
- If you have Adobe Reader Version 11 or higher, you may fill out the fields directly on the form. Please save the PDF to your computer before completing it, fill in the fields and then save it again, otherwise, the form will be blank when you send it to us. You may email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit Park District Headquarters to pick up an application.
Please see the specific position descriptions below for any other application requirements.
The Centerville-Washington Park District delivers fun, healthy and outstanding park experiences to a community of 58,000 residents. The District is a 2018 finalist for the National Gold Medal Award for Excellence in Park and Recreation Management.
We are seeking an innovative individual to oversee existing programs and develop new creative programs and special events for the community. The ideal candidate will build, train and supervise a collection of part-time, intermittent and contract program leaders, instructors and teachers. Through this part-time and contractual staff, the Recreation Coordinator delivers high-quality recreation opportunities to the community. In addition, the coordinator will manage the continuous improvement of popular winter and summer day camps, as well as provide inspiration to the seasonal program staff they recruit and train.
- Undergraduate degree in parks and recreation, outdoor education, or related experience
- 1 to 2 years of experience coordinating recreation or outdoor programming
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to work well with others and as part of a team
- Desire to build and nurture programming partnerships and joint ventures
- Self-starter, energetic and enthusiastic about community-based recreation
Low to mid $40,000 range (depending on qualifications), insurance benefits, vacation, holidays, sick leave, employer contributions to the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System and career development opportunities.
Email resume with cover letter and at least three references to email@example.com OR submit resume with cover letter and at least three references to:
Centerville-Washington Park District
221 N. Main St.
Centerville, OH 45459
Wednesday, July 25, 4:30 p.m.
Part-time, year-round employment:
There are no part-time positions available at this time.
There are no seasonal positions available at this time.
Program Instructors (Contractual)
The Park District is recruiting to fill contractual instructor positions in the areas of fitness, wellness and general craft/enrichment for all ages.
Examples of Duties (illustrative only):
- Plans and prepares to instruct adult and/or youth classes
- Instructs adult and/or youth classes
- Communicates equipment requests to program department point person
- Maintains accurate attendance and supply records;
- Promptly submits relevant paperwork as necessary;
- Avidly promotes classes through word of mouth, social media and email;
Pay range is negotiable. Pay may be based upon a per participant rate or a flat fee payment depending upon the type of class, workshop or program.
Requirements for the position include one year of formal teaching experience. Experience teaching programs to one or more of the following populations is preferred: early childhood, youth, teens, adults, older active adults and special needs. Current CPR and First Aid certification are preferred. Candidates must have effective communication skills (both oral and written).
Candidates with related training and experience who are interested in this opportunity should submit a résumé, cover letter, Program Proposal Worksheet, and example outlines and/or portfolio items to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Attn: Program Instructor
Centerville-Washington Park District
221 N. Main Street
Centerville, Ohio 45459
Fax (937) 433-6564
The Centerville-Washington Park District has designed an internship program to provide students with a well-rounded experience introducing them to all aspects of a diverse and comprehensive parks and recreation program. This provides students with an opportunity to put what they have learned to work. It is a “hands-on” experience that reflects what parks and recreation professionals do on the job to provide programs and services to the community.
The Park District provides paid internships to students in parks and recreation, sports management, leisure studies, or a related curriculum from an accredited college or university.
If you would like to be considered for an internship position, please submit a cover letter, résumé and 3 references to email@example.com with the email subject: CWPD Internship Program.