Kennard Nature Nook
6588 McEwen Road
View Kennard Nature Nook location on map>
The Nature Nook was renamed the Kennard Nature Nook upon the retirement of Carol Kennard, Executive Director of the Park District, in December 2014. Carol dedicated nearly thirty-three years to the Centerville-Washington Park District — originally hired as Program Coordinator in 1982. As the Park District grew, Carol became the Program Director and expanded program opportunities for the community. In 1997, she was selected to lead the organization as Director. A true nature lover, Carol led the way in providing outdoor education and recreation opportunities for the citizens of Centerville and Washington Township. The Kennard Nature Nook allows the Park District to continue sharing nature with others — in Carol’s honor.
The Kennard Nature Nook is used for indoor Park District nature and recreation programs. It is available at no cost for weekday reservations by non-profit service groups based in Centerville or Washington Township that benefit the community at large. Group size and parking are limited. Reservation requests coincide with the program calendar and registration information published in the Park District’s News and Events. Eligible groups may reserve the Kennard Nature Nook once per program quarter.
2022 Rental Fees – Saturdays and Sundays only
- Centerville/Washington Township resident fee: $150 (2-hour rental), $50 each additional hour
- Non-Profit Organization fee: $175 (2-hour rental), $50 each additional hour
- All others: $200 (2-hour rental), $75 each additional hour
All reservations require a $100 refundable deposit due at the time of rental. Renter is responsible for clean up, lock up and trash collection after the event. Centerville-Washington Park District staff will inspect the building after rental and determine if the deposit will be refunded. All rentals must be paid in full at the time the contract is signed. No reservations are final until full payment is made. No times will be held in advance without payment.
2022 Kennard Nature Nook Reservation Schedule
- Reservations for March – May begin on February 1
- Reservations for June – July begin on April 1
- Reservations are NOT available for August – November due to planned construction
- Reservations for December begin on October 1
Return your completed rental request form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop off in person during office hours.
Please review the following restrictions prior to making your reservation request:
- Group size is limited to 40 people.
- Youth groups with children under age 16 must have a ratio of 1 adult for every 10 children.
- The Park District reserves the right to deny any and all permits.
- The following are prohibited:
- Open fires, including grills
- Amplified music
- Pets inside the building
- Decorations involving nails, staples, Velcro, tacks, putty, tape or any other item that may damage surfaces
- Crepe paper and streamers
- Balloons, signs, etc., attached to the entry sign, inside or outside the building, or placed in the lawn/landscape
- Parking is permitted in designated parking areas only.
- Table decorations are permitted, but must be removed upon departure.
- Prior to leaving, all doors must be locked, furniture returned to its original location, and lights and appliances turned off.
- All trash must be placed in containers. The area must be clean upon departure. Limited cleaning supplies are available in the kitchen for your use.
- The group must vacate the premises no later than 15 minutes after the end of the reservation.
- The representative reserving the facility (at least 25 years of age) is responsible for the actions of the group, including damages and for seeing that the areas used are returned to their original condition.
- A copy of your approved permit must be with you while using the facility.
- Assistance while using the facility is available during the evening and on weekends by phoning 937-470-9246.
- All rental deposits will be returned within 10 days of the rental if the building is left in an acceptable condition.
Please call (937) 433-5155 or contact us at email@example.com if you have additional questions.