Kennard Nature Nook
6588 McEwen Road
View Kennard Nature Nook location on map>
The Nature Nook was renamed the Kennard Nature Nook upon the retirement of Carol Kennard, Executive Director of the Park District, in December 2014. Carol dedicated nearly thirty-three years to the Centerville-Washington Park District — originally hired as Program Coordinator in 1982. As the Park District grew, Carol became the Program Director and expanded program opportunities for the community. In 1997, she was selected to lead the organization as Director. A true nature lover, Carol led the way in providing outdoor education and recreation opportunities for the citizens of Centerville and Washington Township. The Kennard Nature Nook allows the Park District to continue sharing nature with others — in Carol’s honor.
The Kennard Nature Nook is used for indoor Park District nature and recreation programs. It is also available for reservation by non-profit service groups based in Centerville or Washington Township that benefit the community at large. Group size and parking are limited. Reservation requests coincide with the program calendar and registration information published in the Park District’s News and Events. Eligible groups may reserve the Kennard Nature Nook once per program quarter. Please call (937) 433-5155 to inquire about a reservation.
Please review the following restrictions prior to making your reservation request:
- Group size is limited to 40 people.
- Youth groups with children under age 16 must have a ratio of 1 adult for every 10 children.
- The Park District reserves the right to deny any and all permits.
- The following are prohibited:
- Open fires, including grills
- Amplified music
- Pets inside the building
- Decorations involving nails, staples, Velcro, tacks, putty, tape or any other item that may damage surfaces
- Crepe paper and streamers
- Balloons, signs, etc., attached to the entry sign, inside or outside the building, or placed in the lawn/landscape
- Parking is permitted in designated parking areas only.
- No public phone is available for use.
- Table decorations are permitted, but must be removed upon departure.
- Prior to leaving, all doors must be locked, furniture returned to its original location, and lights and appliances turned off.
- All trash must be placed in containers. The area must be clean upon departure. Limited cleaning supplies are available in the kitchen for your use.
- The group must vacate the premises no later than 9:00 P.M.
- The representative reserving the facility (at least 25 years of age) is responsible for the actions of the group, including damages and for seeing that the areas used are returned to their original condition.
- A copy of your approved permit must be with you while using the facility.
- Assistance while using the facility is available during the evening and on weekends by phoning 470-9246.