Discover a fun way to get together with your neighbors and their dogs this summer! In an effort to create more active and social outdoor spaces, we will rotate pop-up dog parks to various neighborhood parks every three weeks throughout the summer months. Temporary fencing will delineate the dog parks. Dogs are still required to be on a leash when they are outside of the designated fenced areas. Rules will be posted to help everyone respectfully utilize the space.
The first park visited by the Pop-Up Pup Park is Pelbrook Park! The temporary dog park will open June 3, weather dependent. The Pop-Up Pup Park is also tentatively scheduled to visit Green, Willowbrook and Wagon Trail Park before the summer ends!
Pop-Up Pup Park Rules
- This is an unsupervised dog park. The use of this facility is strictly at your own risk (ORC 2744). The Centerville-Washington Park District does not assume any responsibility for loss or injuries.
- Dogs MUST be leashed outside the enclosed area.
- Children 8 – 14 must be with an adult.
- Current vaccinations and license are required.
- Maximum of two dogs per adult visitor.
- Dogs displaying aggressive behavior are to be removed immediately.
- You are liable for injuries and damage caused by your dog.
- Please clean up after your dog.
Prohibited from the Pop-Up Pup Park
- Children 7 and under
- Puppies under 4 months
- Dogs in heat
- Toys, treats, food
- Glass containers
- Other animals
The Pop-Up Pup Parks are generously sponsored by the Centerville Rotary Club.
For those new to the dog park experience, read more about a collaborative program with Wagtown® — Dog Park Manners: How to be the Best Dog (and Human). We’re excited to be partnering with Wagtown® for this program and three other dog-related programs this summer!