Review the latest issue of News & Events or the online events calendar to find programs that are being offered in the current season. The following is a sampling of the family programs regularly offered.
- 5K Family Hikes – Offered bi-monthly.
- Americana Festival: Children’s Area – Walk down to the Activity Center Park during the Americana Festival and enjoy children’s entertainment, food, crafts, inflatables and more.
- Archery Clinics – Beginner and intermediate clinics designed to provide interested youth and adults with the basic knowledge required to participate safely in archery.
- Big Rig Gig – Touch and climb on many vehicles used in the community at this spring program.
- Bikes, Boards & BBQ – Enjoy demonstrations and music at the skatepark.
- Fairy and Gnome Home Festival – Families create structures for fairies and gnomes from natural materials.
- Family Camping – Bring your family and join Park District staff on an overnight at Grant Park.
- Family Recess – Play your favorite park games and create lasting family memories.
- Geocaching – Technology meets nature – all ages can enjoy this hobby! Use GPS to find caches hidden in the parks. Visit www.geocaching.com for more information.
- Haunted Trail – A scary Halloween hike through the park (parks alternate).
- Holiday Luminary Walk – Celebrate the holiday season with a peaceful illuminated stroll through the park (parks alternate).
- Paws in the Park – Canines and their owners enjoy agility and obedience demonstrations, dog contests and vendors.
- Silly Fireside Songs – Enjoy an evening of singing, fun and nature-related activities around the campfire at Grant Park.
- Sledding with Owlexander – A pop-up sledding program at Grant Park for the whole family.