Review the latest issue of News & Events or the online events calendar to find programs that are being offered in the current season. The following is a sampling of the family programs regularly offered.
- 5K Friends and Family Hikes – Offered bi-monthly.
- AccessAbility – A collaboration between the Centerville-Washington Park District, Washington-Centerville Public Library and the Washington Township Recreation Center, AccessAbility rotates locations based on the monthly host. Activities are adapted to give participants of all ages and abilities an enriching sensory, social and physical experience.
- Americana Festival: Children’s Area – Walk down to the Activity Center Park during the Americana Festival and enjoy children’s entertainment, food, crafts, inflatables and more.
- Archery Clinics – Beginner and intermediate clinics designed to provide interested youth and adults with the basic knowledge required to participate safely in archery.
- Big Rig Gig – Touch and climb on many vehicles used in the community at this spring program.
- Fairy and Gnome Home Festival – Families create structures for fairies and gnomes from natural materials.
- Family Camping – Bring your family and join Park District staff on an overnight at Bill Yeck or Grant Park.
- Family Recess – Play your favorite park games and create lasting family memories.
- Geocaching – Technology meets nature – all ages can enjoy this hobby! Use GPS to find caches hidden in the parks. Visit www.geocaching.com for more information.
- Haunted Trail – A scary Halloween hike through the park.
- Luminary Walk – Celebrate the holiday season with a peaceful illuminated stroll through the park.
- Nocturnal Nature Series – Explore nature at night! Focus on different topics each month and observe seasonal changes.
- Paws in the Park – Canines and their owners enjoy agility and obedience demonstrations, dog contests and vendors.
- Sledding with Owlexander – A pop-up sledding program at Grant Park for the whole family.
- Tools to Trek – Attend 12 designated Tools to Trek programs to earn a free Trek Pack. Continue tracking your programs to earn more tools. Print your Tools to Trek tracking sheet (PDF).
If you’ve recently participated in a Centerville-Washington Park District program, we want to hear your thoughts! Complete an evaluation >