Children’s Programs (ages 5+)
Review the latest issue of News & Events or the online events calendar to find programs that are being offered in the current season. The following is a sampling of the children’s programs regularly offered.
- Art and Imagination – Children ages 6 – 8 have the opportunity to get creative by designing projects based on a monthly theme.
- Children’s Yoga Series – Children ages 5 – 8 stretch, balance and strengthen their bodies as they learn yoga poses to go with the season. A blend of nature and exercise.
- Crafting Club – Youth ages 9 – 13 create keepsakes for themselves or to give as gifts at this monthly program during the school year.
- Hidden Meadows Day Camp – A week-long summer adventure for children ages 3 – 12. Explore nature, hike Holes Creek, play games, craft and make new friends at Grant Park.
- Junior Explorers – Youth ages 6 – 8 skip rocks, climb trees, build forts and explore the creek during this opportunity for free and unstructured play in nature.
- Nature Brain Games – Mental and physical challenges for ages 10 – 13.
- Outdoor Explorers – Youth ages 8 – 12 skip rocks, climb trees, build forts and explore the creek during this opportunity for free and unstructured play in nature.
- Spring Recreation Program – Youth ages 6 – 10 enjoy outdoor games after a craft.
- Summer Adventure Camp – Ages 10 – 14 experience the environment for a week concluding with an overnight campout in Grant Park.
- Summer Recreation Program – Children ages 3 – 11 spend the summer in the parks playing games, doing crafts and making friends. The program is held mornings at various parks throughout the district.
- Summer Teen Series – Youth ages 11 – 15 hang out evenings at various parks and enjoy games such as Jailball, Grand Champion, Star Wars, Capture the Flag, and Spud. An end of summer cook-out is the finale.
- Summer Special Events – Children ages 6 – 12 can participate in two FREE special events each summer. Both events are set up carnival style with games and activities. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Registration is held at the park the day of the event.
- Tennis Instruction – Spring & summer sessions – ages 6 to 13 – beginner to intermediate levels. Instructors from KTC Quail Tennis Club.
- Winter Recreation Program – Children ages 6 – 10 enjoy crafts and fun activities outdoors each winter.
- Winter Woods Day Camp – Children ages 3 – 12 explore nature every Saturday in February searching for animal tracks, playing games, making crafts and hiking through Grant Park.
If you’ve recently participated in a Centerville-Washington Park District program, we want to hear your thoughts! Complete an evaluation >